Tuesday, February 3, 2009

told you so.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20090119/MOMS/90119016


Not a bad article, except for the zany parts where they ask medical doctors what they think about chiropractic care. In all the medical doctors I have spoken with (that is, the ones who actually return my calls when I try to discuss patient care with them) I have encountered 3 that actually have a grasp on chiropractic care. Normally, I wouldn't care, but isn't it their job to know the best possible treatments for their patients?

If I thought a patient needed surgery, I would recommend it at the drop of a hat. In fact, it is one of the first promises I make to my patients when I meet them. Our allopathic colleagues have the same responsibility. Period.

Ranting aside, we have been seeing 20-30 kids a month for several years now, getting them healthy and keeping them healthy. We do this through hours of education and research on how best to keep these tiny titans bulletproof. It is our greatest responsibility.

Also, their expression is fun to watch when I tell them I am going to sell their spleens.

No comments: