Monday, December 29, 2008

granny to the rescue

One of the things about our office that sets us apart (makes us better) than other offices is how well we educate our patients. Once a week the doctors pick a health topic and every single practice member we see that week gets a brief but thorough education on the subject. What do our practice members think of this? Who cares!

Its our job as doctors to educate our patients in addition to keeping them well adjusted. Doing one without doing the other is just as bad as telling patients to wait until they are in pain to seek help.




That is the picture hanging on the board of our patient information center which is situated right between our adjusting tables, everyone who comes in the office sees it.
What does it mean? I'm glad you asked.
Several years ago I gained some notoriety with my practice members when I sent out an e-mail entitled "this will save your life".
In that e-mail I included a picture of an apple and told my practice members to eat an apple right before they went out to celebrate New Years Eve. I told them it could save their lives.
Why? I'm glad you asked.
Apples have natural compounds which act like homeopathic activated charcoal. They help to absorb bad oxidizing chemicals (rum). In addition, having an apple in your stomach will help you feel more full and prevent you from hitting the sauce hard at the start of the night (rookie mistake.) And lastly, my theory is that it is much more difficult to do something unwholesome with a Granny Smith in your tummy.
You are welcome.

No comments: