Monday, March 30, 2009

anonymous

We had a young guy in the office with eczema today. I get a lot of questions about how/what we do to fix it, and why it works. I can certainly understand how people new to chiropractic or who harbor some antiquated ideas (backcrackers) about what we do having some confusion. I probably don't help the situation either. If I'm in public with a mixed group of people (chiropractically mixed, I mean) and someone asks about eczema, asthma, or some other malady that is really not associated with chiropractic I will typically respond with:

"Yeah, we punch 'em in the neck, then they get better" or "I throw them down the stairs, then bill you for it."

Why do I do this?

I have no idea. I guess I just have a chip on my shoulder because not everyone recognizes how good we are at keeping people healthy. The bottom line is that I know we should be the first stop for keeping kids healthy in all of St. Charles and we aren't yet. That irks me. The fact that people don't know about us irks me. People don't send me cars, cards, baseball tickets, or get my name tatoo'd on thier arms, I guess that irks me too.

There is nothing worse than being fantastic and no one knowing it.

No comments: