Friday, February 12, 2010

dudes.

And we're back.

So I have two children now, two boys!

Jackson Avery was born September 20th, it has been a heck of a ride. I had assumed that it would be twice as crazy since we were doubling the number of kids we had.

I was wrong.

I was off the mark by an order of magnitude. It's easily 4x as nuts around the house. I love it. Big James is as rowdy as ever, and at the height of a 4 year old, he is a beast. All we do is wrestle, like the cartoons, where the fighting is a cloud of fists and legs, that's us. Thank God for such a patient wife.

When I was single, child-less, (and well-rested) people told me how much more fulfilling my life would be once I had kids. I humored them, after all, I was the one driving the H2 and flying out of town every weekend while they went home to their kids and early bedtimes. I figured, how could they possibly compare the two.

I don't know if I have been as wrong about anything as I was about that.

I figure, I have about 9 years that James will still think I'm cool and want to be around me, gotta milk it!

1 comment:

Life said...

Hurray for new blog posts and rowdy boys.