Friday, May 28, 2010

validate this

I just realized, I come here and post all the time. I cite references, make timely observations, talk all doctor-y. Why?

Because I am incapable of not justifying everything I do with a peer reviewed study or massive sample size. I'm so used to being the witch doctor that I try twice as hard as the next guy to convince people of what I can do as a doctor. I guess that carries over, even to my blog posts. I'm not sure if that is the mark of a clinical mind, or just someone wanting validation.

I adjusted a small boy this week, he was clinically deaf in one ear, had asthma, and told his mom that he had a headache ever since he could speak.

I treated him three times, with the last treatment coming 2 hours ago.

As of today at 10:30, a.m. he can hear you speak from a distance even with his good ear covered up. He slept through the night last night. He smiled at me for the first time since I met him.

Placebo? Witchcraft? Luck?

That kid can hear, that kid can sleep. I did nothing but take away the interference to his nervous system. There are no side effects, no dangerous drugs, no pill cycle. I did a scientific analysis of the joint between his skull and atlas, and checked the local muscle tension and corresponding cranial nerves.

I'm done being the torchbearer for chiropractic apologists.

I fix little kids. They know it, I know it. Everything else is moot.

1 comment:

Spockgirl said...

I must admit I have come to your blog solely for the sense of humour that you presented in your comment on "Logan's Blog", which I found whilst "blog-hopping" a while back.I have come across a few blogs that I continue to check out, mostly for their kindred humour.I chose to comment on those that actually made me laugh.I often find it difficult to edit down my comments, as I have a tendency to feel it necessary to justify myself, and when I don't say everything, people get the wrong impression.
I think I might have to read a few of your posts. If it makes you feel better, check for comments.